This work was inspired by the “Journey to the West”(西遊記), a Chinese classic literature which depicts the adventure of the legendary character Monkey King. Manfred Yuen, founder of Groundwork, read the novel when he was 10, brought “Yushan” (玉山), the ethereal place from the story Jade Mountain, into the real world.
1. This is a piece of art and architecture; the entire space constitute the “toy”.
2. It is an abstract art that wish to inspire. The participants are also part of the art work.
3. This space is about taking risks, because challenges can be fun
4. The structure more bouncy and difficult than you think, please be careful!
5. For the best play experience, go bare foot (no socks).. You may store your shoes in
the shoe racks.
6. Please enjoy and take a lots of pictures!
We are honored to have Eugene Leung, a musician, fashion designer and the co-founder of The Injury and FFFriday, to compose the background music for this space.
The Hong Kong “Standard” 13th October 2018
CLIENT \ K11 https://hk.k11.com/
ADDRESS \ chi K11 art space (B2/F), K11, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
ARCHITECT \ Groundwork, Architects + Associates Ltd. www.groundworkarchitect.com
CONTRACTOR \ Wong Ka Hung
INFLATABLE STRUCTURE CONTRACTOR \ AOQI Inflatables Limited
MUSIC \ Eugene Leung
PHOTOS \ Fiona Bao [email protected]